This past year we were able to reach a new generation of young people and adults, sharing important lessons about the Holocaust. We are teaching school children and teens constructive ways to non-violently stand up against hate and intolerance in our society today. We are making a lasting impact and helping to build stronger relations with the local and regional interfaith community. The work in which we are engaged has never been more important. In addition to school based Holocaust education programs, your gift to the Annual Fund will help to support:
- The ongoing production of a documentary film by Amherst Media, exploring the unique story that led to the creation of Temple Beth Israel in 1950;
- An Interfaith Community Conversation called “Embracing our Neighbors;”
- The annual Interfaith Thanksgiving Service dating back to the early 1950’s;
- The annual Community Seder, now eight years old;
- High Holy Day and Weekly services that have continued for 68 years;
- The development of a digitized community archive tracing the roots of Temple Beth Israel families (1950 to present);
- Ongoing maintenance for the historic temple building
- Providing enhanced security to monitor the Synagogue;
- Support for local community interfaith efforts to help feed needy families.
Simply stated, none of this could happen without your support. We appreciate your support over the years and we have grown in our programming and impact in the community. Today, our work is more important than ever. Please take a moment to click on the “Support Us” button and make a contribution to help Temple Beth Israel Preservation Society over the next year. Thank you, friends!